News from the Votemaster
If all the rumors can be believed, former senator Fred Thompson is going to toss his hat into the ring around July 4th. Here's what to expect from the spin doctors:Republicans
- He's pro life, starting at conception
- He's for family values
- He is a true conservative; you can count on it
- He was a tough co-chief counsel at the Watergate hearings
- He is against corrupt Democrats AND corrupt Republicans (see above)
- He is on the legal defense board of the much persecuted Scooter Libby
- He served honorably in the United States Senate 8 years
- Like Ronald Reagan, he was an actor and is good at communicating
- He is well known and inspires trust
- In high school he got his girfriend pregnant and had a Tennessee-style shotgun wedding
- He eventually divorced his wife and married a cutie 24 years his junior, younger than his own daughter
- For 17 years he worked as a Washington lobbyist for big corporations
- He was a lazy senator who has no legislation to his credit
- He will be 65 in August and has incurable cancer
- Unlike Ronald Reagan, he does not have 8 years experience as governor of the nation's most populous state
- He was of prime draft age during Vietnam, but he dodged the draft
- He knows nothing about foreign policy, defense or terrorism (other than being against it)
Same guy? Yup.
This page is the prototype for 2008. The data and map will refer to previous elections until serious polls begin in 2008. The blog will be updated when there is interesting news about the 2008 races.Preview of the 2008 races: President Senate House
This map shows the current governors. Put your mouse on a state for more information.
This map shows the current Senate. Put your mouse on a state for more information.
This map shows the current House. Put your mouse on a state for more information.
-- The Votemaster